Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A lovely Ordinary Day…

I had a lovely ordinary day yesterday. It was a beautiful clear day here in Ipswich just bursting with possibilities. Should I do my housework and ironing…no, save that for tomorrow, what about a bit of sewing…no, I did some last night. I know, how about some baking, pottering in the garden and birdwatching.

I love these super easy corn muffins. I have to credit my sister-in-law for this recipe. I don’t know where she got it from but it is great. The basic recipe is 1 can of creamed corn, then use that can to measure out 1 can of self raising flour and 1 can of grated cheese. Mix it all together using a wooden spoon then spoon out into a greased muffing tray. The size of your can of creamed corn determines the amount of muffins. A 420g can will make about 12 muffins. I added some onion and ham to my mixture. Very Yummy!



My veggie patch has been much neglected of late but it is still producing food for us to eat. I picked 3 lovely cucumbers and noticed that there are more on the way.
This is a picture of the veggie patch early in summer just bursting with goodness.

For afternoon tea I decided to try a 3 Minute Brownie recipe that I found the other day.  You need:
A mug…into that mug put:
4 tablespoons of self raising flour
4 tablespoons of sugar
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder and mix
Then add
1 egg
3 tablespoons of milk
3 tablespoons of oil
Mix well and microwave for 3 minutes on high.
It will rise up in the mug and may spill a little so put the mug on a plate. Once the microwave has finished let the brownie settle back into the mug and it is ready to eat. I put some Rosella jam on mine and it was yummy.

I finished the day by watching these lovelies at the birdfeeder.
A lovely ordinary day. Now I must go and do the housework, I will reward myself with a spot of shopping after lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I long for a day like that... *sigh* sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete