Sunday, July 31, 2011

Weekend Diaries...

I thought I would start to keep track of all the things my husband and I get up to on the Weekends. We always seem to be heading somewhere on the weekend. About a month ago we went out to Mt Cotton to visit the Sirromet Winery and two weeks ago we went for a drive through Brisbane and ended up at the Brisbane Powerhouse. We got to the Powerhouse just in time for some free live music and a lovely glass of wine from Bar Alto.

This weekend we were back at the Brisbane Powerhouse for the album launch of an awesome A Capella group The Idea of North. This group is amazing. I like all kinds of music but I'm not a big concert goer. Having said that, I really enjoyed the show.

Sunday afternoon was spent at Portside Warf, Hamilton at the Merlo Coffee & Chocolate Affair. There was lots of coffee and chocolate on offer as well as cupcakes, fudge, brownies and live music.
The Blue Sky Coffee that I had was really nice. I like strong coffee and this coffee was stronger then the other one that I tried. I have quiet dreams of doing a Barista course one day, then I would be able to do pretty patterns on the top of a coffee like this...
After exploring all of the coffee and chocolate stalls we enjoyed some perfectly cooked calamari and chips and listened to Firefly, a jazz trio.

We finished off the afternoon with fresh strawberries dipped in belgian chocolate...very yummy.
Hope you had a lovely weekend...Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment