Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Top of Town, Ipswich and Sunday Sport...

Leon was off to climb Mt Warning in northern N.S.W on Saturday so I decided to spend the morning exploring the Op Shops in the Top of Town Precinct in Ipswich. Oh what fun...I love a good Op Shop forage and the Top of Town feels so festive on a Saturday morning. The people of Ipswich and beyond all come out for a jaunt in the coffee shops and boutiques that line Brisbane Street.
There are four Op Shops in the Top of Town and several more within a 5 minute walking distance. My favorite is the Hospice which also has a secondhand book shop next door.

In the Old Flour Mill across the road from the Hospice is a Vintage Boutique full of awesome vintage loveliness...
It has lots of vintage kitchenware, ceramics, jewellery and books.
After exploring all of the Op Shops I stopped in for a coffee at the new shop on the block, Urban Pantry. The coffee here is really good, the service is great and there are lots of lovely products for the pantry to buy.
It was a lovely way to spend the morning.

On Sunday, we were off to the St Lucia campus of UQ for Leon to play Volleyball in the Corporate Games. I watched him play for a while and then found my way to the Co-op Bookshop and the Wordsmith Cafe. They serve Campos coffee here, probably my favorite coffee in Brisbane. I had a coffee and spent several hours in the Bookshop, I love this bookshop. This bookshop and Mary Ryan on Park Road, Milton are my most favorite bookshops in Brisbane.
On the whole, it was a lovely day and a lovely weekend...
Have a great week,
Mel
(P.s please excuse the overuse of the word "lovely", can't be bothered rewriting...)

1 comment:

  1. I just happened to stumble across your blog and read this post...thanks for the reminder about the op shops and coffee shops...I must make the effort to go for a wander up there soon.
    Khris

    ReplyDelete